How recent was the site cleared?

TristanSP

40 minutes ago, anonymous said:

You went by sshekill then.

To clarify though I think I switched to 'Agent' back in... 2012? 2011? I would've been at most like 16 or so, so that may be why I just genuinely don't recall anything like that ever happening. I will say I generally don't look back on those years with pride, though I assume that's true for a lot of people.

13 minutes ago, Agent said:

That will be private when it comes to that. Six years of development and administrative work is not cheap, however.

Well no wonder you aren't getting anything if you are asking for an insane amount? It was also out of curiosity I asked to see if I could maybe do anything about it.

15 minutes ago, Agent said:

That meant to cease distributing any version of RenX,

I'm sorry but you do not own RenX. 

20 minutes ago, Agent said:

the launcher, etc

Would it not take many months to code a viable working replacement that is glitch free etc.

23 minutes ago, Agent said:

Who are you? My current guess is XiiXeno based on the previous comment

Nope. just a concerned citizen that someone is trying to destroy RenX over a personal grudge

26 minutes ago, Agent said:

and you seem to have a slight grudge

you seem to have a huge grudge.

27 minutes ago, Agent said:

If I've somehow wronged you in some way I actually would like to know how, and how I could make that up to you.

For the most part no. I may not forgive you if renx disappeared tho.

50 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Would it not take many months to code a viable working replacement that is glitch free etc.

It would but that's very much so not my problem. I never gave anybody permission to distribute those contributions. The vast majority of my contributions were always distributed through infrastructure I designed, and stored on infrastructure I owned.

Well no wonder you aren't getting anything if you are asking for an insane amount

To clarify I haven't actually asked for any amount yet. What I've asked for, at various different points: a formal public apology, an ownership interest in the LLC (since it's a for-profit organization founded in part on my own work and my own monetary investments), and early on I wanted to retain SVN access solely to keep touch or potentially publish minor fixes / implement additional RCON logs. None of those things cost a dime. None of those are unreasonable. However forming a for-profit organization instead of a nonprofit one, then them claiming they're not profiting off of work because they're donations, seems very unreasonable to me. I don't know how anybody could possibly trust that or take someone's word for that. Even if those stated intentions are true and honest at the present, people's intentions change. Only a nonprofit structure/organization would prevent those donations from being used for profit. I don't want my own work being used solely for somebody else's profit. That's not unreasonable. Right now, as I type, those things are being used in part to generate profit, for a for-profit organization. I have very significant issues with that. If it were a nonprofit, perhaps I would have fewer issues with my own works being used.

Nope. just a concerned citizen that someone is trying to destroy RenX over a personal grudge

Destroying RenX has never been the intention, and a personal grudge I could get over, though being robbed much less so. I do want justice though, and as I said, I feel insulted enough that I'm considerably less worried about the side effects of pursuing that justice than I once was. Side effects are not my fault or problem, they're entirely preventable by the other party.

you seem to have a huge grudge.

If they resolve the issues I've raised repeatedly, and remove Cronus, I'd retain a grudge against neither. Saying "hey you did this actually criminal thing, resolve the issues from that, and remove the person who committed the crime" does not seem unreasonable to me. He's not even a particularly great guy to want to be around, he's a massive liability, I actually don't understand why he's still there.

It truly amazes me that someone can see all the evidence provided of blatant racism, homophobia and transphobia with obvious gaslighting about "I swear I'm not racist but them god damn n words are STEALING our jobs and RAPING our women, us whites need to control these uncivilized monkeys" or "Stop giving words power and let me call you a f*g and deadname you, stop being a tweeter snorflake 🙄🙄" preceded by "what do you mean I'm homophobic and transphobic? I just enjoy bringing back the memories of the time you were beat up, wait no, trauma doesn't exist just stop being a pussy but please do NOT bring up that time where i lost 5 epic gaming point in callers of duty 😩 i have severe ptds".

@Agent I feel you're probably talking to a wall here, these 4chan epic g*mers can't understand the concept of basic human decency and respect for others. I recommend just cutting off communication and moving on. They unironically care more about a game than another human being, move on with your life and find people who'll actually respect you and not just exploit you as a means to an end rather than someone passionate about something. It's fairly unlikely that you'll be able to have any form of recourse given how they treated you in the past, you'll have to cut your losses and hopefully move on far far away from this hellhole.

I'm not in the community whatsoever but I couldn't help but reply after seeing the level of brain damage at display here.

• Thanks 1

I appreciate it. I definitely got a bit too sucked into replying here, especially since I originally didn't want to bring the topic up. After I last posted though, I realized it is a bit of relief that the worst anybody has been able to say about me were both incidents from a decade ago (one being this IRC incident that I don't remember happening, and the other being some Minecraft server of all things). Maybe that's some consolation.

4 hours ago, anon said:

what do you mean I'm homophobic and transphobic? I just enjoy bringing back the memories of the time you were beat up, wait no, trauma doesn't exist just stop being a pussy

You have no idea how much that resonates. Glad to know I'm not crazy. The amount of stuff expected to be shouldered has always amazed me.

It is very illuminating to see the behind the scenes interactions that happen within the community. When I started playing RenX it was fun, but even within the first few days in public lobbies the generally accepted or atleast tolerated racism/homophobia/garden variety bigotry was coming through. Like a surface level sheen that is gets worn off with a slight rub.
It is a sad state for a project that was intended to be a fun game for people to enjoy in the absence of official support. I appreciate what you have done for the community, as well as many others that were/currently are still on the TA team. It is a lot of hard work, time and I know specifically in your case, money dedicated. To see those efforts hampered and shunned by other members of the team is disheartening to the project as a whole.
I rarely believe anything I hear on the internet, whether I agree or not. In this case however, with all the evidence that you have presented as well as dealing with members of the community personally, it is hard to view this situation from another lens that paints Cronus positively and by extension, the whole TA team in a positive light.

• Thanks 1

I don't know anything about contact details having to be published on the website, but since it's all public record you can find the articles of incorporation very easily by just google searching "totem arts llc florida", which includes a mailing addresses for the LLC & officers of the LLC. There's no phone number or email contact information though, and I'd discourage asking for it, since asking for an email address some weeks ago got me banned as mentioned in my first post of the thread.

Any formal legal contact though (I.e: demand letters, notices, etc) would have to be to those snail mail addresses anyways via certified mail or whatever.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, anonymous said:

@Agent

If you were to choose only one, which one are you more mad at?

A: Being kicked out of TA ?

B: Being called fag etc ?

C. Being robbed.

I've been told to leave somewhere before. That's not upsetting for very long. I can find better places to be with better people.

I've been called many many many things before. Those are normally not difficult to handle or brush off or whatever. Normally, it's not something carried out over many years by the same person after asking them to stop repeatedly. Normally I'd cut contact, or the other person would be banned long before that point. No other human being on this planet has called me a faggot for as long as that man.

I've been robbed before, with 3 key moments coming to mind. One incident involved cash, but was understandable, and easy to forgive as a one-off. Another incident involved cash, but was petty and unnecessary, so trust was permanently hurt. The worst incident though was a full-scale burglary of the house I grew up in, while we were out of state visiting grandparents. Anything even remotely of value was taken, the interior of the house was vandalized, it was just awful, traumatic even. We learned later that they'd planned to burn down the house. It was carried out by someone we trusted, and a couple of his friends. They were never forgiven. They went to prison for that. They were held responsible.

The reason and degree to which I'm upset, is most similar to that last incident. Instead of banking information and gaming consoles (small example, obviously much more was taken) being stolen, accounts and virtual servers and data were stolen. Instead of the walls of a house being vandalized, a physical server I own had all of its data destroyed and the server had to be wiped. Instead of not knowing about it until we came home and seeing the home wrecked, I saw the tail end of things happening in real time and immediately knew who was responsible. The person most responsible was the same person who'd harassed me for years, who I had put real effort into getting along with despite that fact. That's the kind of trust that can never be fully repaired.

There's not an equivalency of wrongs or equivalency of malice here. I never lied about or exaggerated what was stolen. I never took a single thing from them, even when I very much so had the opportunities. I never hurt them. I didn't seek revenge. I offered help more than once. I gave them almost everything they needed, and most of what they wanted. I went above and beyond and out of my way to ensure players wouldn't be impacted. They chose to steal until there was nothing left they could steal. They chose to vandalize. They chose to support the bigot who carried out those misdeeds. They chose to lie to themselves first and foremost, but also to others. They could try to make things right. They choose not to. Instead, they continue to steal by continuing to distribute software they do not have the right to. They've chosen to continue stealing. They've been given many options to resolve that issue and taken none of them. That's their choice. I've been patient, never refusing to try to talk through the issues, never asking for anything that seemed at all unreasonable. They've refused to be reasonable. They've been greedy. They continue to steal. That is not okay.

Yet the only person I continue to publicly call out singularly, despite it being a group that's truly responsible (particularly for ongoing issues), is the one who carried out the actions himself after calling me a faggot for years. He is the single greatest negative influence possible for any group or person. He convinced them to steal for crying out loud. He convinced them it was okay. Personally/individually, most of the folks in that group are not bad people. He is though. The fact that he's still there at all is a testament to how effectively he has managed to manipulate them. It isn't the first time or place he's done this type of thing either. So I want him in particular held particularly responsible.

• Haha 1

And I hope the above post sort of sums up just how absurd the idea is that I still want to actively be there. I want to actively be there about as much as I want to be friends with the folks who robbed my home. That is to say, not at all.

What I want are wrongs made right, or at least a genuine attempt to do so. Part of that is holding that man responsible for his actions and conduct. I seriously doubt the guy's become a saint since then.

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2022 at 6:29 PM, Agent said:

I don't know anything about w3dhub or BHP, but I definitely own the things I put on my servers, and the servers themselves, most of which were never returned. System administrators I gave access to for the purpose of maintenance had no right to destroy, steal, or otherwise deny access to those things.

If one were to follow your reasoning, the content of an SVN repository would belong to the hoster. This is complete nonsense, because just someone provides a repository hosting for source code, it does not mean that it become the owner of the source code. That is fact.

You mix up half-truths with your own strange world view. Your behaviour in the team was, according to the reports I know, more than questionable. A domineering person who wants to control everything and have all powers, denounces others when you didnt liked their attitudes. Then it is also okay to travel statements out of context (we can see that with your Cronus screenshots), to engage in power abuse to kick/ban people and to destroy evidence which also happend against community members.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BrokenArrow said:

If one were to follow your reasoning, the content of an SVN repository would belong to the hoster. This is complete nonsense, because just someone provides a repository hosting for source code, it does not mean that it become the owner of the source code. That is fact.

I feel like you’re attaching a lot more meaning to what I said than what I meant. Very literally, I own the things I put on my servers. As in, I definitely own my own contributions, unambiguously. I own the work I personally did. At no point did I ever give ownership of my own contributions to another party, and at no point did I consent to the removal of those works, particularly my own works, from my servers.

29 minutes ago, BrokenArrow said:

according to the reports I know

I think folks who don’t know me well are much more likely to say the kinds of things you described. I’m outspoken at times, but hardly 'domineering', and I genuinely do not believe I’m stating any half truths here. I am being genuine. If I didn’t genuinely believe the things I say whole-heartedly, I simply wouldn’t be saying them. I really do think Cronus is a thief. I really don’t think he is trustworthy enough to do anything at all.

34 minutes ago, BrokenArrow said:

Then it is also okay to travel statements out of context (we can see that with your Cronus screenshots)

What more context do you want from me? My entire PM history with the guy? I can’t access any of the channels half of those messages were in, only the PMs. You’d have to get context from TA for the other ones. I posted context for like every single PM though and would be happy to provide context for the rest if I were able. I’ll sound like a broken record though if I say Cronus tends to post mine without context though, including to my boyfriend. When I posted context later on, the reaction was essentially “oh. That makes a lot more sense.”

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BrokenArrow said:

to engage in power abuse to kick/ban people and to destroy evidence which also happend against community members.

I fully deny anything described here, and if I hadn’t heard it before when they were making up excuses for their actions after the fact, would be insulted. One of the most consistent criticisms in terms of moderation was not doing enough, rather than doing so much that it became abuse. Balancing those complaints from people against the culture of leniency I encouraged was exceedingly difficult.

And again, I don’t think there is any equivalency here. If you assume the worst of me and the best of them, they’re still the thieves, not me. Imperfect moderation decisions I didn’t really want to be a part of, but was forced to be, don’t come anywhere close to actual theft. Which, to reemphasize the point on not telling “half truths” and to emphasize how certain I have to be in something to be saying it at all, I focus on the thefts because they’re unambiguous. If I were to say their LLC was fraudulently founded, as an example, I would have to do more research and I would want an attorney to agree with me before I would even accuse them of fraud outright. That is the degree to which I am certain property was stolen from me. I’ve received multiple legal opinions on that matter at this point, and they all agreed. Unfortunately they also all consistently said that it was too complex of an issue to bother a local DA with, and not significant enough to bother feds with (this isn’t exactly a multimillion dollar revenue game here). They consistently indicated I’d have to settle for just pecuniary justice. I’m definitely rambling at this point but the point I was trying to make was: I’m really not making any of this shit up, and I’ve done everything I could think of to try to prove that. Whether folks believe that or choose not to anyways, is entirely out of my control. I’d encourage you to not chalk it off as a “strange world view”, though.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Agent said:

I feel like you’re attaching a lot more meaning to what I said than what I meant. Very literally, I own the things I put on my servers. As in, I definitely own my own contributions, unambiguously. I own the work I personally did. At no point did I ever give ownership of my own contributions to another party, and at no point did I consent to the removal of those works, particularly my own works, from my servers.

When making such accusations as you do, you should think very carefully about the words one choose. That is what you are measured by and I am firmly convinced that you really believe that you are the owner of the source code. IIRC one of the demands to TA was to restore the SVN and its content because that was "your property". This implies that you think you own it based on your own statements. Its content was never your property, at most small parts of it. It is probably possible to argue about how high the share really is in a voluntary project where individual topics are started, continued by others and finished by others.

10 hours ago, Agent said:

I fully deny anything described here, [...]

Of course you do, it was unfortunately quite clear that you would deny what behaviors you have. You have a completely false self-image and a false perception of the outside world. You are probably the reason why many Devs and Members and also Players left. Because of your abuse of power. The fact that you keep diverting to your desired topic does not change this and is part of your cancel culture mentality and character.

But I have to admit one thing, I really do believe you think that you are right about all this and that you are just giving an accurate account of ALL that has happened over the years and this is the truth. But sad news: It isn't.

But hey, if even all the lawyers tell you, you won't succeed with legal action. Then I would just leave it at that and looking forward to new things and move on. Because you will hardly be able to reach an agreement if you can't take legal actions.

• Like 1

It's not really possible to reply meaningfully here, because you keep just attaching additional meanings to my words that I obviously don't mean (aka: shoving words in my mouth), and keep trying in insult me personally by attacking my character, but without backing any of it it up with... anything. It feels bizarre, especially your last paragraph there, which is essentially the opposite of the reality, but by attaching additional meanings you conflate two very different issues as one (i.e: DAs not enforcing criminal law against 1 guy is very very different from ability to present a case in civil court against a business and its owners). You have a good life though.

• Haha 2

Ohhh noooo, I just found out about this project and apparently it just got scrapped... 😭

I have such fond memories of playing this game with friends in high school. It's a shame it got halted; from the videos it looked great. This bums me out enormously.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The things that I see here is terrible but Im sure we dont need killing renx game in the name of your conflicts. Just contact me for support, Jess. and please agree to link actual TA website in the launcher to keep free games alive. #cronusgofuckyourself

The way I see it... if more than one person is able to gain enjoyment from this game, it's of a higher priority than one person's pity party. It's harsh to say, but that's the risk you take when working on a free project with random people using an IP that doesn't even belong to you in the first place. In other words: It's you're own damn fault.

You can kick and scream about how they hurt your feelings, but if you're the only one making noise, it becomes very easy for folks who know nothing about the drama or are just learning about this game to blame you as the bad guy and the reason why they can't play it.

This obviously happened a while ago but I'm only learning about it now. But just from the information I'm seeing here, particularly the stuff Agent has shown, I have no other feelings than to blame Agent for it not being made available. And since I don't know who this person is, nor do I know who the people attacking them are, I have no qualms in saying "I really don't give a crap... just let me play the damn game."

Posting discord records of rude/hurtful comments that are out of context and written by people I've never heard of really does not paint you in a better light. In fact, at least in my opinion, it has the exact opposite effect. So much so that I'd say you're better off deleting all of that "evidence" and just create a flat-out blanket statement in bold letters on the site that you've detached from the team for *reasons* and the game will no longer be provided.

OR, if you want to make it look like they are the bad guy, you just have to say "You where kicked off the team and it is no longer possible for you to provide the game on this site."

Edited by redacted

3 hours ago, redacted said:

if more than one person is able to gain enjoyment from this game, it's of a higher priority than one person's pity party

On 3/10/2022 at 11:23 PM, Agent said:

Additionally, they no longer need this domain, so I am more or less free to use it as I wish without controversy. They had nearly a year to migrate away from it.

Clearly I don't completely disagree if I gave them nearly a year to perform migrations, nor would I have still offered help after the fact, and gone out of my way to not impact anybody negatively:

On 3/17/2022 at 1:37 PM, Agent said:

I offered help more than once. I gave them almost everything they needed, and most of what they wanted. I went above and beyond and out of my way to ensure players wouldn't be impacted.

That doesn't mean I can condone what they did either though, especially when they choose to be insulting by not only failing to hold literally anybody accountable for anything they've done, but also by choosing to ban me from a forum which they literally stole from me and a Discord I setup. It's incredibly insulting. I just can't tolerate any of that, especially the thefts, if nothing else then for my own health and sanity which they practically went out of their way to damage and disparage.

3 hours ago, redacted said:

Posting discord records of rude/hurtful comments that are out of context and written by people I've never heard of really does not paint you in a better light. In fact, at least in my opinion, it has the exact opposite effect. So much so that I'd say you're better off deleting all of that "evidence" and just create a flat-out blanket statement in bold letters on the site that you've detached from the team for *reasons* and the game will no longer be provided.

I just set this up as a temporary placeholder forum, not originally intending it to be some kind of soapbox. The only thread on here I put was "It's a forum". It just became an unfortunately unavoidable topic. I don't really care how it paints me, I just want to prove that I'm not making things up, to prove that I'm not just slandering them or whatever, because otherwise people immediately just chalk things off as being fictitious or exaggerated. I still don't know what more context could possibly be provided here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just learned about all this today. Sorry you had to go through all that, Agent. Cronus seems insufferable. Hopefully you will get some kind of justice.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I was really disappointed when I read a post on here saying that "most gay people wouldn't be offended" over the continued use of homophobic slurs. I don't know why people continue to conduct themselves in this way.

Edited by dusty
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeesh, this is what it's all about? 

Yeah they're assholes. That ain't illegal though.

But if you had a leg to stand on regarding the theft claims then EA would have sued TA into oblivion the moment it was made into an LLC. Frankly, TA'd have a better case for libel against you for making the theft claims and even that would get laughed out of court.

I’m extremely confident TA effectively* (there’s some nuance to that) stealing thousands of dollars through deception, plus willful and egregious violations of my own intellectual property rights, is a very easy case to prove. That doesn’t necessarily make it worth pursuing though. EA doesn’t really tie into that in any possible regard, I’m not sure why you think it would.

By contrast, any libel case would obviously be in bad faith and probably backfire.

In any case this isn’t a priority right now and you can kiss my ass 🙂 this isn’t their website, and I’ll do with it as I very well please 😄