yosh56

Renegade X: Patch 5.292 Pending Release

yosh56    204

Patch 5.292 Released

Launcher Update: RELEASED

Full Build: RELEASED

Full Build Link : Link To Full Build

Synopsis: 

Patch 5.292 focuses mostly on map bug fixes, a new and frankly improved grenade/ability system, and more nerfs to sniper's ability to single handedly hold an entire team back while fully exposed.It also further refines several UI elements, and makes it significantly more difficult to switch teams at will during the early portions of match startup. 

In reality, 5.292 is just a brief update preceding a content update later this year. 

TL;DR Patch Notes:

+Grenades are no longer tied to the weapon list. They have their own UI element and are switched to with the 'Grenade/Ability' weapon. Default is 'X' [ala Tac-Rifle] 

+Added spread to sniper rifles out of scope

+Frag Grenades actually work now no matter what weapon you have out when they explode

Spoiler

5.293 Hotfix Changelist

Gameplay
------------

+Fixed infantry regeneration at ELITE 

+BHS/Deadeye no longer get the heavy pistol on refill

UI
------

+Tech Buildings no longer state they need repairs immediatly 

+C4 spotting messages should work correctly now 

+The vehicle stolen messages should work correctly

+Grenade UI elements now account for veterancy properly

+'MCT' is now a highlighted element 

Maps
--------

Reservoir :

+Fixed an out of Map exploit 

+Fixed shadows 

5.292 Full Changelist

----------
Additions
----------

+GRENADES are no longer regular weapons | They are switched to with the 'Grenade/Ability' key, which defaults to 'X' (See UI changes)

-----------
Balance 
-----------

+EMP Grenades now lock vehicle down longer with veterancy. They also do tick damage for longer against mines

+Smoke Grenades now last longer with veterancy

+500 Snipers: Replaced Heavy pistol with team specific SMGs

+ALL SNIPERS : Increased spread while firing and not scoped from 0.0 to 0.15; Changed crosshair shape to reflect no longer being fully accurate

+PIC/Railgun: Damage to infantry reduced 5% 

------------------

GDI

-----------------

+McFarland: 
Flak Cannon: Reduced pellet damage from 14x8 to 13x8
Frag Grenade: Damage now respects armour types

------------
Nod
------------

Chem Trooper: 
Tiberium Grenade: Damage now respects armour types

+Recon Bike: Base Health increased from 200 > 250 ; Rocket splash radius increased from 250 > 350 ; Base damage incresed from 50 > 60 ; Increased turning ability while sprinting

----------------------

Veterancy
---------------------

+Automated defences now gain veterancy significantly faster. Would not suggest feeding.

+ELITE now grants +1/0.5s Auto Health Regeneration | Heroic regeneration upped to +3/0.5s  [to vehicles due to a bug in pawns currently]

-----------------
User Interface
----------------

+Added a Grenade/Ability timer at the bottom right of the screen 

+The TAB scorescreen now highlights your name in green

+Q-spot messages now display the important bits in highlighted colours

+While you're an Engineer/Technician tanks and infantry in need of repairs will always* have a repair symbol over their heads unless saying something else. [The symbol is larger however if you explicityl state you need repairs]  

+Added messages for stolen vehicles in the top left of the screen

-------------------
Bug Fixes
-------------------

+Fixed the Railgun doing more damage than the PIC

+Fixed the starting TAB scorescreen not showing players at the start of the game

+Fixed Q-spotting/focusing of Harvesters and Defences

+Fixed the auto rifle and the tactical rifle not having vapor trails when hit-scan on other clients

+Fixed stamina not regenerating in vehicles

+Fixed Frag/Tib grenades randomly doing little to no damage sometimes

+The surrender countdown should no longer continue counting down in the background 

-----------------------
Map Fixes/Balance
------------------------

[CnC-Crash_Site]

+Fixed collision issues in ship floor

[CnC-Whiteout]

+Fixed out of map exploit and rock exploit near GDI Barracks

[CnC-Snow]

+Fixed B2B spot

+Fixed the overly epic 'CLEAR EVERYTHING' nuke crate

+Increased brightness

+Added vehicle blocking on top of structures

[CnC-Tunnels]

+Various optimizations

+Added proper sound attenuation to plank explosion sound so it isn't heard across the map 

[CnC-Reservoir]

+Various Optimizations

+Fixed some stuck spots

+More preventing ARTY/MRLS spam to top of dam

[CnC-ArcticStronghold]

+Fixed an out-of-map exploit

[CnC-Valley]

+Removed

------------------
Miscellaneous
------------------

+You can no longer change team during the warm-up period of the match [sans Admin change team] 

+Added server side option to disable team-switching for X seconds [RTC_DisabledTime in Default/UDK RenegadeX.ini] 

+Fixed Nod soldier being listed as 95 speed on the PT menu

• Thanks 2

TK0104    193

@yosh56 please wait just a few more hours and let me get Tomb fixed for 5.292. It's almost done.

And if I don't make it with updating, use the new one which has already some lag fixes (most spots 50fps)

Edited by TK0104

yosh56    204
8 minutes ago, TK0104 said:

@yosh56 please wait just a few more hours and let me get Tomb fixed for 5.292. It's almost done.

And if I don't make it with updating, use the new one which has already some lag fixes (most spots 50fps)

Too late. Also current version up was still barely holding 30fps on my laptop when I was just standing outside doing nothing... vs. every other map being 60fps easy

TK0104    193
5 minutes ago, yosh56 said:

Too late. Also current version up was still barely holding 30fps on my laptop when I was just standing outside doing nothing... vs. every other map being 60fps easy

Working on a version with a directional light that increases the map with 10 fps I guess.

But new Tomb MUST be in a future patch cause the current one s*cks

MattHunX    0

Added spread to sniper rifles out of scope

Haha! Finally! No more vets being assholes and ruining the game by owning everyone in tunnels or outside. 

Pure-sniping, scope-in, all the way.

Edited by MattHunX

DarkSn4ke    192
1 hour ago, MattHunX said:

Haha! Finally! No more vets being assholes and ruining the game by owning everyone in tunnels or outside. 

we shall wait to see the impact of this "nerf". if you fight a deadeye in close combat I guess he still can instakill you with an aimed headshot (without scope) as spread has much more effect on range...

MattHunX    0
2 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

we shall wait to see the impact of this "nerf". if you fight a deadeye in close combat I guess he still can instakill you with an aimed headshot (without scope) as spread has much more effect on range...

Every party

Needs a pooper

That's why they invited you.

Party poo-per! Party poo-per!

:)

yosh56    204

EDIT: Regeneration rates are in per-half-seconds, not seconds. They've always been per half-second, so that's not a random buff. 

TK0104    193
1 hour ago, Henk said:

@TK0104 I was on vacation, just got back, I did tell about the dark shadows, Ruud built this version but apparently it's also very dark.

Oh I guess I missed something

yosh56    204
39 minutes ago, Ryz said:

Small problem with the credits animation.... 

Known. Not intended, but was noticed late and kinda' not important enough to rebuild an entire patch over. 

• Thanks 1

Ryz    39

Anyways, good work with the patch. WIll test more tonight, since last night the servers suddenly got very empty :P

TK0104    193

I still need to play some RenX :P

I've been mapping like hell in the past days and started playing some old classics I used to play

R E A P E R    0

There is always 2 bars missing at the grenade "reloading" UI thing.
Like when you're ranked up to Elite and you pick a MRLS. You have to reload before you get the 10 missiles instead of 6

IDK if it is explained good enough :D

MattHunX    0

I vaguely recall some patch notes mentioning something about preventing buildings from being damaged in matches where there aren't enough players. So if only a few are in, say, 5/40, then it stops people from farming cheap recs.

I joined a match today, on Constructive Tyranny's Marathon Server, with only 4 players and 3 of the building on one side were already destroyed.

The implementation of such a preventative measure would be welcome. Stops some folk from getting completely undeserved points.