Jump to content
Sarah!

[Map] CNC-Sunrise

Recommended Posts

pbZR5_AeQhGTN-gg6AU5hA.png

the silo/mushroom cave looks great :)

just took a brief look at your latest release, not sure about the lighting yet. at least the main vehicle path is too gloomy for my taste.

but please @Sarah!.... for the sake of Kane... FIX the damn MESH collisions!!!! I'm aware that this is some rather tedious work but it needs to be done.... looks like nothing changed since v0.92x onwards, there are so many spots where you can hide a character inside some rocks [I did post some 100+ screenshots about this issue in the past]

wNG2deJmTByj0jPJ4j51zg.png

that chinook :D

@Madkill40 Sunrise deserves one of your nice n shiny minimaps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarkSn4ke said:

pbZR5_AeQhGTN-gg6AU5hA.png

the silo/mushroom cave looks great :)

just took a brief look at your latest release, not sure about the lighting yet. at least the main vehicle path is too gloomy for my taste.

but please @Sarah!.... for the sake of Kane... FIX the damn MESH collisions!!!! I'm aware that this is some rather tedious work but it needs to be done.... looks like nothing changed since v0.92x onwards, there are so many spots where you can hide a character inside some rocks [I did post some 100+ screenshots about this issue in the past]

wNG2deJmTByj0jPJ4j51zg.png

that chinook :D

@Madkill40 Sunrise deserves one of your nice n shiny minimaps :)

Old version here ^. And I did fix a lot of them, but I deleted my new version and had to revert to a new one and I lost all the changes

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

uhm... the map from the download section is not the current version? I'm confused. you've posted that it's updated @Sarah!

Fixed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

About the collision problem:

You scaled the rocks too much. Use more but smaller rocks to get a better collision

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Luhrian said:

 

About the collision problem:

You scaled the rocks too much. Use more but smaller rocks to get a better collision

I know what causes the problem. Like I said, I just don't specifically look for them and I forget that I rolledback a few versions

Edited by Sarah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scaling meshes too large really does demotivate, first variant of Frostbite suffered from this much worse to be fair.

I'd quite happily create a minimap, they're an enjoyable process.

@Agent or @Schmitzenbergh or @kenz3001 what is the resolution of the overview map supposed to be in pixels? (Original minimap template dimensions are way off)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

MeshGDI_bar.jpg

MeshGDI_bar2.jpg

MeshGDI_bar3.jpg

MeshGDI_pp.jpg
just showing parts of the SBH for a better angle, you can get completely out of sight here
MeshGDI_WF.jpg

MeshNod_pp.jpg

MeshNod_Ref.jpg

MeshNod_strip.jpg

OuterGDIvehpath.jpg
guess you shouldnt be able to climb the rocks here - GDI secondary vehicle path
OuterGDIvehpath_wayup.jpg
the way up
StuckAtHarvWreck.jpg
stuck
StuckatNodOuterInfPath.jpg
stuck - Nod secondary vehicle path (inf plateau)
TunnelsAreExtremelyBright.jpg
while the map is rather gloomy, the tunnels at the sniper perches are extremely bright. eye-hurting :P
WreckCollisions.jpg
beware of "floating" SBHs
WreckedHravy.jpg

@Sarah!

just added the mesh spots inside the bases again, there are still a couple of spots outside the bases, just check my previous uploads

+ some stuck spots and other things

edit: the GDI harvy commits suicide from  time to time. guess it gets stuck eventually, never observed it though - probably already known

Regards,

Sn4ke

Edited by DarkSn4ke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big areas filled with collision obstruction due to scaled-up meshes you have two options:

1. Decorate the areas with things 

2. Set mesh to have no collision and build a more accurate blocking volume

3. Both 1 & 2

Edited by Madkill40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:
  Reveal hidden contents

MeshGDI_bar.jpg

MeshGDI_bar2.jpg

MeshGDI_bar3.jpg

MeshGDI_pp.jpg
just showing parts of the SBH for a better angle, you can get completely out of sight here
MeshGDI_WF.jpg

MeshNod_pp.jpg

MeshNod_Ref.jpg

MeshNod_strip.jpg

OuterGDIvehpath.jpg
guess you shouldnt be able to climb the rocks here - GDI secondary vehicle path
OuterGDIvehpath_wayup.jpg
the way up
StuckAtHarvWreck.jpg
stuck
StuckatNodOuterInfPath.jpg
stuck - Nod secondary vehicle path (inf plateau)
TunnelsAreExtremelyBright.jpg
while the map is rather gloomy, the tunnels at the sniper perches are extremely bright. eye-hurting :P
WreckCollisions.jpg
beware of "floating" SBHs
WreckedHravy.jpg

 

edit: the GDI harvy commits suicide from  time to time. guess it gets stuck eventually, never observed it though - probably already known

Regards,

Sn4ke

It's impossibly hard to get harvesters to do exactly what they're supposed to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sarah! said:

Fixed all of the spots in the pictures and changed a few other things. Lights building now.

Light done building, new version available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×