Sarah!    42

CNC-Sunrise v. 0.6

This map is similar to LakeSide. It has base defenses, GDI has 3GTs, Nod has 2 Turrets and 1 GT. Each team has every building except for the Obelisk and AGT, respectively. This map contains 2 Tech Buildings, a Comms Center and Silo. Each base is on the lake front; the beach connects the base along with a cave structure that can be accessed by the beach or by a tunnel in each base. 

Situated in the serene piney woods of Oregon, a disturbance has found it's way onto Lake Amber. A new colony of tiberium has been discovered in this hushed corner of the United States. GDI recently acquired intel of this new deposit, and immediately set-up a base to protect the natural surroundings and harvest the tiberium. GDI commanders had wondered how this deposit had been unknown to them for so long; they would have expected the infection to have exponentially bigger... When they tested the site, it had seemed that the corruption had long been apart of the environment. Little known to them, Nod had already made camp just a few paces down the beach. Nod had been using a stealth generator ship and hidden radio signals to hide their camp from the GDI satellites and Homeland Security.

All criticism is appreciated.

Images

Spoiler

4Q8Uv5PQTc2YXV2o1ZSK4A.png

8w1dH0xXS3yRWjo6pogjEA.png

mLykIdteTfSpocMHbMVD6A.png

i95CzfyCT3qetlBGRYv13w.png

GEkWCUG4TdCcfhIIN0wGwQ.png

__OsZ3F_RaOYL0fsGCCkMA.png

g9hAlbTERzORqrfFy9tlSw.png

Download

Map is open for all types of feedback.

Download here! (9/15/17)

To run this map, if you don't know, you need to move the downloaded file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\CookedPC\Maps\RenX, or wherever your RenX is installed. You must rename the file to CNC-Sunrise.udk (CASE SENSITIVE). Open the game, hit f5 and type open CNC-Sunrise. It will take a bit, it will then open the map. Have fun.

Bugs

Known:

Harvester 

Working on:

Fixed:

Inf path with the catwalk. (Can throw c4 on top of air, going to move the building to top of strip)

Ion kills air and PP. (Thanks Madkill!)

Nod harvy path/balancing both team dump times. (Thanks Madkill!)

All vehicle blockers

Edited by Sarah!
version .7

TK0104    193

The bases are very very open and so is the field. I strongly suggest to put some big rocks in the field so vehicles can't place themselfs anywhere and bombard the base. It's also good for cover so vehicles can take cover behind it

• Thanks 1

Ruud033    73

I've put my feedback in the screenshot below..

I've noticed that you only have 1,5 vehicle paths, with 2 choke points. I'd suggest making an alternative rock formation so you have 4 vehicle choke points. So in the screenshot below, ive marked your current setup in red to visualise, and made my suggestion in orange.

Further color explanation:

• Red = current vehicle path
  • Orange = suggested vehicle path
  • Green = suggested rock additions
  • Yellow = suggested building placement
  • Purple = suggested block off the map
  • Pink = suggested second infantry path (partially exposed to middle)

AyWPSaP-SJWnZk58SuhbNg.png

• Thanks 1

DarkSn4ke    192

@[CT]Sarah as TK mentioned above: please add more cover for i) the bases ii) the tanks / infantry

open bases all have the "sieging MRLS / arty problem" once one team has lost the field.

and you might add a GT to Nods base defence (remove one Turret then)

• Thanks 1

Gliven    115

Geography[edit]

Main article: Berm (landform)

In coastal geography, a berm is a bank of sand or gravel ridge parallel to the shoreline and a few tens of centimetres high, created by wave action throwing material beyond the average level of the sea.

DarkSn4ke    192

@Gliven thx Dr. Google, but I do not trust your search results :P

I asked my most favorite dict... and.... got engl: Berm - german: Berme xD no clue what a Berme is.. never heard it anywhere in Germany. Must be some nerd language

• Haha 1

Sarah!    42

Updated topic with pictures of map with suggested edits. (Not all done, just spent a few hours on the map)

Special thank: @DarkSn4ke, @Ruud033, @TK0104.

And for everyone else who talked about what a berm is, lol.

~Sarah

• Haha 1

DarkSn4ke    192

to counter the artillery arch shooting please keep in mind:

• Arties max. range / max. angle
  • height differences on the map
  • height of the building you'd like to protect

a building is "secure" from arch-artillery if:

• the rock is slightly higher than the building (rock close to the building)
  • the arty is on the same level as the building

Just try not to give arty drivers any possibility to get additional height by climbing a damn rock (that should be blocked off) :)

Sarah!    42

It's more of a landing thing, the forest is the 'inland' part of the weird little thing. It's like a little chunk of land. 

327023-nature-landscape-lake-mountain-fo

I'm probably just gonna delete the beach and water and just make it into a forest map

Henk    113

I'd suggest to make the large rocks smaller. Because their collision isn't exactly on the mesh, sometimes over and sometimes under it. Meaning that you will have parts with an invisible collision, and parts where you can go slightly inside the rock.

It can also look a lot better and more detailed that way.

Schmitzenbergh    123
6 hours ago, [CT]Sarah said:

It's more of a landing thing, the forest is the 'inland' part of the weird little thing. It's like a little chunk of land. 

327023-nature-landscape-lake-mountain-fo

I'm probably just gonna delete the beach and water and just make it into a forest map

I would suggest to keep the beach, change the palm trees to pines or the other types. Maybe change the scenery so it looks like a lake with mountains on the other side. (Just like in the posted picture)

Some paint art: 

CNC-camp_crystal_lake.thumb.png.e001ef3921d8f730b75507219682d87b.png

Edit: I just noticed, but this is like reversed lakeside xD

• Like 1

Sarah!    42
14 hours ago, Henk said:

I'd suggest to make the large rocks smaller. Because their collision isn't exactly on the mesh, sometimes over and sometimes under it. Meaning that you will have parts with an invisible collision, and parts where you can go slightly inside the rock.

It can also look a lot better and more detailed that way.

Yeah definitely, I was just getting em down to make a solid 'play area'. I also noticed I could hide inside of one of the rock meshes.

Sarah!    42
12 hours ago, Schmitzenbergh said:

I would suggest to keep the beach, change the palm trees to pines or the other types. Maybe change the scenery so it looks like a lake with mountains on the other side. (Just like in the posted picture)

Some paint art: 

CNC-camp_crystal_lake.thumb.png.e001ef3921d8f730b75507219682d87b.png

Edit: I just noticed, but this is like reversed lakeside xD

Would it be worth making if it is that similar? :P I don't want to waste time on map no one will play... at this point(of course more fixes) is the 'map design' good enough or actual game play?