Patch 5.281 Released

Launcher Update: Released

Full Build: PENDING 5.282... which is inevitable

Spoiler

Patch 5.281 Release Notes

----------
Additions
----------

+Added significantly better support for Rx_DestroyableObjects [Explosions/Swappable Meshes]

+Added voices to infantry

+More Goats 

+Added voice taunt button [default is Z] 

----------
Balance 
-----------

--Neutral--

+Reduced VP Armor break bonus to +15 from +20

+Reduced VP Building kill bonus to team from +50 to +35

+SAM Site : Increase clip size from 2 > 4. Max speed increased 5000 > 6000 ; Lifespan/Range increased from 2.0 > 2.5 ; Splash radius increased from 300 > 750 ; Increased Lock on strength

+AA Tower : Damage increased from 75 > 150; Max speed increased 5000 > 6000 ; Lifespan/Range increased from 2.0 > 2.5 ; Splash radius increased from 300 > 750  ; Increased Lock on strength

+ Reduced Remote C4 multiplier to the MCT from 5.0 to 4.1 

+ Missile Launcher : Increased lock-on aim requirment from 0.9999999 > 0.99 [....it's easier to lock-on] ; Lock Acquisition time increased from 0.75s > 1.25s ; Lock Tolerance time reduced from 3.0s to 1.5s

+ Repair Tool Mine disarm speed increased from 1.5 > 1.75

+APCs/Buggies/Humvees : Increased gun range from 6000 > 7000

+APCs: Reduced Gun damage to heavy armor from 0.15 > 0.075

+Shotgun Infantry: Reduced speed to 95 from 100;
Shotgun: Reduced headshot multiplier from 1.5 to 1.25

--GDI--

+MCFarland : Base Cost Increased 250; Reduced speed from 110 > 105 ; Added Frag Grenade
Flak Cannon: Removed hit-scan ; Ammo Reduced  from 12 > 8; Reduced alt-fire damage modifier to FLAK from 0.7 to 0.5 ; Reduced Alt-fire base damage from 60 > 50 ; Increased primary fire pellet count from 8 > 10 ; 
Increased secondary Damage to Heavy/Light armor from 0.42/0.42 > 0.6/0.7

+Grenadier : 
Grenade Launcher: Secondary fire Damage reduced from 70 > 40; Secondary fire Damage Radius increased from 200 > 400

+Mobius: 
VAR: Reduced secondary max charge damage from 300 > 175 ; Reduced Elite building damage modifier from 1.33 to 1.15

+Sydney: 
PIC: Reduced damage to all infantry 5% 

+Gunner: 
Rocket Launcher: Reduced Elite building damage modifer from 1.33 to 1.15

+Patch: 
Tac-Rifle: Decreased max spread from 0.04 > 0.02,  from Increased grenade damage radius from 250 > 400; decreased damage from 130 > 100

+Advanced Guard Tower: 
Guns: Reduced Spread from 0.01 > 0.005; increased Rate of fire from 0.20 > 0.15

--Nod--

+Flame Trooper: 
Flame Thrower : Reduced projectile speed from 2000 > 1750 ; Removed headshot multiplier (was too random with volumetric projectiles] ; Increased damage to infantry by 10% ; Reduced Collission radius from 20 > 10; Reduced Damage Radius from 100 > 50 ; Reduced MCT Damage scaling from 3.0 > 2.4

+Chem Trooper : Increased Base price to 250 ; Added Tiberium Frag Grenade
ChemicalThrower: Reduced projectile speed from 2000 > 1750 ; Removed headshot multiplier (was too random with volumetric projectiles] ; Increased damage to infantry by 10% ; Reduced MCT Damage scaling from 2.45 > 2.0

+Mendoza: 
BTAR : Increased base spread from 0.02 > 0.025  ; Reduced Elite building damage modifier from 1.33 to 1.15

+Raveshaw: 
Railgun: Reduced damage to all infantry 5% 

+LCGBH: 
LCG: Increased max spread from 0.06 > 0.08 (reducing its effective range vs. infantry) ; Reinstated charge up time of 0.8s to flow better with strong-but-always-exposed motif; Increased damage vs. Infantry 10% ; Unintendly gave the most demeaning voice overs.

+Stealth Tank : Increased lock tolerance from 0.2 > 0.5 ; Increased lock-on aim requirment from 0.997 > 0.99 [....it's slightly easier to lock-on] ; Increased Damage radius from 280 > 380 ; Increased lock-on range to mirror actual range

+Turret : Decreased damage vs. all infantry armor -20% ; Increased Vehicle(Light and Heavy) damage from 64 > 92

-----------------
User Interface
----------------

+Added fade in effect/sound to Votes 

+Votes are now in Flash text

+Q Spotting friendly units now PMs 'I need Repairs'/Cover Me/Follow Me/Get In the Vehicle respectively.

+Q-spotting works on crates now 

+Q-spotting infantry should work correctly now in multiplayer 

+Double tapping Q on a target will draw a symbol over them that the entire team can see (Can't be seen through walls) 
It also changes the message from Enemy spotted to Focus Fire. 

+Added visual reticle on targets that are being locked on to 

+Added MVP, along with best Offense/Defense/Support awards at end game screen

+VP text now stacks on top of one another

+Building Damage VP text now adds up all damage before being shown, as opposed to spamming 10 messages when you instakill a building.

+Crosshairs now scale with resolution properly

+HitMarkers are red on headshots

-------------------
Bug Fixes
-------------------

+Projectiles that explode at the end of their lifetime now do damage instead of just playing explosion effects. 

+Fixed Grenadier secondary doing either no or double damage. 

+Locking weapons no longer consider infantry 

+Fixed a crash revolving around doing waaaaay too much damage to buildings [and causing a false positive on an infinite script recursion] 

+It is significantly harder [Nigh impossible] to shoot behind yourself in 3rd person now [Including with Vehicles like MRLS]

+You can no longer lock on to things behind you

+Switching from 3rd/1st person should no longer cause you to do a 180 in certain spots

+Bots can actually fly aircraft on Lakeside now

+C4 explosions should render to clients correctly now

+Q-spotting in general should work in net play [sans the note under known issues]

+You should no longer get credit ticks when the game hasn't started

+Greatly mitigated/fixed vehicles being able to shoot through thin walls. 

+Vehicles no longer stop firing completely when their barrels clip terrain

+Fixed switching from 3rd person to first person for the first time screwing up animations/Stopping weapons from firing

+Team Switching works more like !RTC now

------------------
Map Balance
------------------

+Added CnC-Reservoir

+Added CnC-Tunnels

Canyon: Added Destroyable rock blocking the unused tib field between bases, making arty pressure less of a thing for at least 1:00 

Field : Added destroyable rocks to gain access to the backend tunnels leading to the PPs of both teams 

Walls : Added 2 SAM sites to both bases 

Snow : Added 3 destroyable columns to the vehicle tunnel to funnel early game pressure

Islands: Fixed the landscape around Nod tunnels; 
Fixed the scale of some bushes; 
Fixed GDI Hovercraft exploit

Whiteout: The entire hill is now accessible to vehicles, meaning vehicles on top can be flanked from the side as well as the sides no longer being infantry only

GoldRush: Fixed more out of map bugs

Volcano: Fixed Nod's team base volume

---------
Miscellaneous
---------

+Slightly optimized the flash HUD [Needs a lot of work] 

+Obelisk turns people to skeletons on death

-------
Known Issues
------------

+Artillery specifically sometimes don't do damage to destroyable obstacles when struck at the edges. 

+Harvesters/Defences don't show up on the map when spotted/focused

+The crosshair can get mangled at resolutions below 1024x768

• Like 5

What no pictures?! I want my money back..lol

Actually, my launcher is having trouble downloading this, every time it just about finishes the download process, it stops before applying and stays there and tells me it's not responding. Is there another way I can download this?

Just close the launcher and start it again and again and again.

Is there any way to mute the "oh too easy" / "I got someone" / "apologies" infantry blablabla? [just the annoying inf talk, nothing else...]

1 hour ago, Hohndo said:

What no pictures?! I want my money back..lol

Actually, my launcher is having trouble downloading this, every time it just about finishes the download process, it stops before applying and stays there and tells me it's not responding. Is there another way I can download this?

I had the same problem. Solved by deleting ALL contents within the 'patch' folder, located at: ..\Renegade X\patch

Re-run and re-download, it'll work.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Wow, helpfull. This will fix it definitly. ¬¬

The error mostly occurs due to datacorruption of the download. Remove patchfolder as @Ruud033 said. Should work, if not PM me or make a topic.

4 minutes ago, Schmitzenbergh said:

Wow, helpfull. This will fix it definitly. ¬¬

9_9 didn't know about the patch folder xD

this is the noob way of hacking your launcher :P

Posted (edited)

the launcher says download pending, but nothing happens... already tried to delete the patch folder... but it still says download pending...

Edited by rocky44r

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

Try running as admin?

Tried that after you mentioned it and no dice.

2 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Yeah, I got to this point before you posted it xD

2 hours ago, Ruud033 said:

I had the same problem. Solved by deleting ALL contents within the 'patch' folder, located at: ..\Renegade X\patch

Re-run and re-download, it'll work.

2 hours ago, Schmitzenbergh said:

The error mostly occurs due to datacorruption of the download. Remove patchfolder as @Ruud033 said. Should work, if not PM me or make a topic.

This did not work.

I'm trying with a fresh install then I'll be making a separate thread in Technical to work this problem out. After a few attempts, it's definitely the point when downloading finishes and then the install is supposed to start but it just causes the launcher to freeze.

Edit: Fresh install worked.

Edited by Hohndo
Update

Good work, update named:  The Henk's map edition!'

18 hours ago, Henk said:

Slight screw up on Reservoir, if you want to play it you need this package:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpq634jwmeirhg4/Reservoir Fix.zip?dl=0

Can we get quick fixes like this as a launcher download?

Like until theres an official patch about it server owners could just just mandate the install before joining.

@Molested Bunny if Servers actually run the map, then you would need it, otherwise you would never need to download it, till it was included in the patch.

As for the adding it to the launcher downloads, I don't believe it is possible at least at this time to do it.

The next update won't have that package, instead the reference to that package will be gone from the map.

@Henk nothing is fixed.... all the collision bugs I've reported to you via PM are still there.

+ this beautiful tank:

2f9f3a73ebfb43cc8750980819094a4d.png

you will find this one at the Quarry Tower. At each map start ;)

1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

@Henk

GoldRush is the new Walls. There is no humvee, but an empty stealth tank near the tib quarry [Nod Side]

:x

Collsions on other, exploitable, spots have been fixed. Didn't have time to fix the bugs you told me about yet.

That Stank is removed on next patch. Like I said it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back, but that 1 step back has been resolved.