Sign in to follow this  
TheDeadlyWolf

[Map] Cnc-Hourglass

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheDeadlyWolf said:

I will try before the next release, but Hourglass contains many sounds and exclusive shit.

However I do have the next map Stronghold within the UPK package aswell (was gonna combine all maps into one package - tidier), and once again it contains some exclusive shit, and I would prefer to keep it that way

And Thx

Don't add all assets of multiple maps. It will make the package size huge.

Give every map it's own package or assign the assets to the map itself

Edited by TK0104

Honestly, having more smaller packages compared to one larger one is better, it gives people the illusion that it is going faster and they do download quickly.

Okay, I will split the UPK's into map related ones, For the Community!

However at the moment, Thursday's are the main days available for mapping, if I have time to spare

Windows 10, No problems so far relating to the SDK - only thing that's not been tested yet is building lights with the correct settings...

• Like 1

Spent over an 1hour trying to fix the lift...However the lift is Now Fixed

The lift inside the Airstrip has 2 possible Fixes - 1 that Works, and 1 that Doesn't seem to function on Hourglass (but functions on every other map, on terrain and landscape maps) Functions on Stronghold : )

The only possible reason is the glitchy/corrupted sequence folder inside the kismet - This folder is called 'Prefabs' (never created it mind you) and it includes 2 VERY VERY old sequences that relate to the Airstrip, and this occurred when I was combing the Air, Ramps, Paths, and Lift together into a single prefab (helps me out, planned ahead) - however the main problem with this folder is that I can't delete either sequence, nor the folder itself : (

What's left?

Gonna try and add some engraving to the gravestones - and I'll probably only do 1 texture or 2, with the standardised one

Build Lights

Test Kismet - Double check Hover sounds are fixed, the Teleporter Sounds, and the Uplink is no longer fucking about 

P.S. Saved about 35,300kb on the Hourglass Package...

• Like 1

On 24-3-2017 at 0:38 AM, TheDeadlyWolf said:

Gonna try and add some engraving to the gravestones - and I'll probably only do 1 texture or 2, with the standardised one

You can do multiple engravings on 1 texture by using the Red, Blue and Green channels. And you might be able to fit multiple engravings on each channel, depending on how large they are. By making the UV Coordinates into parameters you can set the engraving you want for each gravestone material instance. If you keep the engravings small you could maybe fit like 16 of them on 1 channel, so there's 48 different dead people instead of just 1 or 2.

It's a nice little material challenge if you like that kind of stuff ;) 

• Like 1

11 Engravings done on 10 Gravestones, Yes 11 (1 Engraving can be found in 3 separate areas, another EE)

Fixed terrain height by side entrances

Built Lights in Production, and worked on Windows 10, everything works and functions probably : )

Redone Minimap

Redone Map Image

So Hourglass 2.0 Release has an ETA within 48 hours

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, had a last minute fix...Kismet was completely f**ked...Execution fails continuously

However that was easily overcome, and here it is, Hourglass 2.0 Update...

Obsolete

A lot of changes have been made, and most of them have been listed in the change notes for CnC-Hourglass 1.0 - 2.0, found below

CnC-Hourglass 1.0 - 2.0.txt

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Posted (edited)

Well within 24hours Hourglass 2.0 was released, within 48hours on the other hand Hourglass 2.1 was released with some minor/major fixes and improvements

Tried another fix for teleporters

Tried another fix for Uplink

Had to implement the hovercraft fix again, had another sound playing in the background

Edited the terrain by GDI's base - for flooding

Added collision to the flood gates - forgot to add collision after replacing the old corrupted version

Covered a see through hole on top of hill

Edited the lights and textures in Both Refs to suit the blue tiberium

Changed the kismet for Reinforcements and flood to start from game start

Added collision to GDI shore wall, could boost yourself over - Not wanted after flood

Added a new decal in Nod

Edited some detail around the map

Hourglass 2.1 Update (Mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4qyh1bfa0tuxng/CnC-Hourglass.rar

(Renegade X): CnC-Hourglass.rar

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
  • Like 1

You've made an incredibly stunning re:rendition of Hourglass, the environment, the weather create a good feel when playing and the ceiling turrets are a nice touch. Heck! Even the bots enjoy this map.

Well done, good job!

Posted (edited)
On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, Madkill40 said:

You've made an incredibly stunning re:rendition of Hourglass, the environment, the weather create a good feel when playing and the ceiling turrets are a nice touch. Heck! Even the bots enjoy this map.

Well done, good job!

LMFAO and Thank You, the cursed map has finally become a success : )

After testing the map with Try-out the Uplink kismet works perfectly now - hallelujah

However the new fix for teleporter sounds went the complete opposite - no longer plays

And the suggestion for changing the kismet for Reinforcements and flood to start from game start instead of Loaded and visible was good at first....

But the flood no longer functions, so I switched flood to loaded and visible, and it's now working again

However I haven't updated the download file...

Edit: Gonna do some other changes that require building lights again - missed a light in both refs and decrease the shininess of the beach (a bit ott) , as well as adding some lights near the flood gates , as they're now occasionally coming out pitch black

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Raining now and then was a nice touch, the top of the hill being suitable snd fair for both teams is already a nice touch, if the flooding is just visual is it necessary?

Teleporter lacking noise isn't so bad.

Suppose you'll spot more issues in the behind the scenes than anybody else.

Posted (edited)

You know me, it's gotta be perfect...

Flooding is visual but does add some extra flavour/features to hourglass when you've been playing for hours (marathon servers)

Change Notes:

Changed the kismet for flood back to Loaded and Visible
Removed starting collision on flood gates so they can pass through the floor/brushes
Added collision to the flood gates via kismet upon passing through the floor/brushes - However some have no colour while others do (Some flood gates are pitch black while the others appear normal)
Added 2 lights under the terrain in hope of fixing the flood gates darkish, but to no result still 50/50
Edited the terrain along each side path
Changed the remaining green lights in both refs to blue
Decrease the shininess of the beach/shore
Added vehicle collision to both PPs - so easy to exploit
Added a kill volume behind the GDI shore door during the flood - in case someone is still outside or have found an exploit
Tried another fix for the teleporter sounds
Created a new copy of the texture inside my package that was used on a hiddenish scrin statue, and replaced it

As a result Hourglass 2.2 is now released

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4qx8t90i3qon4jr/CnC-Hourglass+2.2.rar

Renegade X: CnC-Hourglass.rar

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
Reduced file size by 1.52mb - every little helps

Can you also work on reducing the size of the Environment package as it is too big for in-game downloading when you also download the map with it.

1 hour ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Can you also work on reducing the size of the Environment package as it is too big for in-game downloading when you also download the map with it.

I'm so sorry, everything in the package is used in Hourglass, however I have removed 1.52 mb and that's all.

Posted (edited)

Well, work on stronghold is postponed...

@limsup extracted my packages and I found out the actual files that were using all the storage space...Mainly Sounds - E.G. Flood Sound 70mb LMFAO

Thx again @limsup, you're a big help : )

Gotta go through the custom sounds and re-import/configure them, fun : )

That can wait for a bit...blame the SDK sizing

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, Hourglass was

184mb for Map

201mb for Package

36.2kb for Ceiling Turret

New and Compressed Hourglass...

184mb for Map

83mb for Package - Saved 118mb ; )

36.2kb for Ceiling Turret

The new version of Hourglass, 2.3 is Now Live!

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lajnl9ev92k9jtj/CnC-Hourglass+2.3.rar

Or Download Forums

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
Released
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Only a few people have downloaded, so I've done a quick turn around with new improvements and fixes

Gave the GDI Shore door a sound
Slowed the GDI Shore door down, to flow with the sound
Made a copy of the Teleporter sound in my package
Replaced the Teleporter sounds with my version
Couldn’t remember if the other noise in the Scrin temple was heard online, so I made a copy and replaced it with my version
Edited a gravestone that was floating
Fixed a hidden hole - Exploit
Added 2 more spotting Nodes - Abandoned Airfield and GDI Shore
Put the Reinforcements back to Loaded and Visible - Fair, When flood comes, GDI was screwed - Mainly affected on Marathons if no one is playing
Edited Volume damage
Edited the crushed wall in Nod's base, for flooding circumstances
Edited the Plane Kismet during Reinforcements, more believable
181mb for Map
83.5mb for Package

Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c2y95zwd3u2d88u/CnC-Hourglass_2.4.rar

Or Download Via Forums!

Edit: Well, a global problem had arisen, the teleporter sound would play globally - extremely annoying and irritating....Now Fixed...Sorry for the Inconvenience!

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Added to IGDL

Thank you for that.........but a global problem has arisen, the teleporter sound plays globally - Very Annoying, Gonna Fix within the hour

Bloody Curse...You're gonna be pissed : )

Well, the extremely annoying and irritating problem is Now Fixed...Sorry!

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Posted (edited)

Hourglass Updated, all in a Day!

Hourglass Change Notes:
Version 2.4 - Version 2.5
Fixed the Ladder Volumes
Reduced the Sound Volume for GDI Shore Door - For you @Fffreak9999
Fixed the Weapon Factory Wall - when building destroyed, it turns destroyed
Changed the Guard towers at the front of GDI to Turrets (havent got a GDI texture though - fair and easier to infiltrate, otherwise near enough impossible :) 
Corrected the Nod Ceiling Turret Textures
Added a Nod Guard Tower at the back of Nod's base
Added light details to the lights by Ref backdoors
Added 3 New Street Lamps
Added some rocks in the Nod Abandoned Airfield to remove the stuck spots
Moved the GDI Water Barrels away from the wall to remove the stuck spots
Edited a Collison
Redone Minimap as a result
Rebuilt Lights

Mediafire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/knzldta2i2rp8s0/CnC-Hourglass+2.5.rar

Or Download Via Forums!

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf

Whoops, Posted the message in the wrong post : )

I'm Back with a Patch, and I should be starting the Mesa Remaster when I can find some time away from other shit

Just a quick patch to finalise some issues and make a few improvements to Hourglass before @limsup session

Version 2.5 - Version 2.6
Redone Nod's Reinforcements (Kismet) - Made it better, this was the first Kismet I had ever done : )
Made changes to Nod's Abandoned Airfield
Changed the Weapon Spawn - Temple Side
Fixed the Damage Volume - Now Damages Everyone
Rebuilt Lights
Added a Notification/Alarm for Uplink - People wanted a notification of sorts for when the base defences had gone offline, rather then the satellite just spinning around, SO...
 - When Nod's Obelisk is Offline, it Plays a Low Pitch Alarm
 - When GDI's Advanced Guard Tower is Offline, it Plays a Higher Pitch Alarm

CnC-Hourglass 2.6.rar

You can download the map from Medafire here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b5areybudv2h58o/CnC-Hourglass_2.6.rar

Edited by TheDeadlyWolf
Patch for Server Kismet Error