Henk

[MAP] CNC-Snow

Hi,

This is a remake of one of the many custom/fan made maps from original Renegade, C&C-Snow, I remember playing a custom map server about 8 years ago and I particularly liked this one, that's why I decided to make a remake. I'm also very curious how it plays in Renegade-X. Keep in mind that there's only 1 silo per team so credit gain will be really slow, I hope there'll be a way to increase the silo credit amount on the mapping side in the future. But I do think that the fact that it's a very small and close quarters map will compensate for the slow credit gain.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfyxcfs0zhckvzn/CNC-Snow%20v1.2.zip?dl=0

Some final pictures:

Overview:

FMcKxPG.jpg

Nod:

PpE8zmp.jpg

GDI:

z8TyjdV.jpg

Imgur album with more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/GJsse

Backstory:

"During operation Scorpion Hunters, GDI found intel on another secret Nod base, located in the Caucasus mountains, it is believed to be the hideout of one of the highest ranking Nod Officers.

A small force has been dispatched in the area to set up a forward operating base, in order to eliminate any Nod activity in the area."

(That Nod Officer even has a place in the map somewhere/sometime ;) )

Enjoy! :D

Edited by Guest

cool look forward to having a go with it!

Hopefully if we dont find any bugs etc might get included when another update gets pushed! :D

The reasons i've made it dark are because there's already 2 snow maps at daytime, and I wanted to do something different and give a different feel to it than those maps have.

And because with a dark map you can do some cool stuff with lighting, and with the white snow even more so. By this I mean you get lots of control of the lighting (colors and where you want it to brighter or darker) on the map because there's not a sun lighting everything, but you need to place lamps instead.

It looks a bit dark, but it's still light enough to see everyone, especially in the high action area's. It's mostly the sky and the huge rocks in the background that look really dark.

So, it's a night map, but it's not that dark, because there's lots of lights, and white snow.

Here's another pic by the way I didn't include in the first post: http://i.imgur.com/IfgvbZj.jpg

Maybe if you add fog it looks better. Then you have the feeling you're in a real night

(I dont know if you did that already. If so. Try to make it darker)

The fog has a medium density, and it's quite dark. Having a dense and white fog didn't seem very realistic for an extremely cold night setting.

I expect new polar skins for the characters Henk, good work :D!

That would be awesome. Or imagine having a dropdown selection in the world info where you can choose themese like Desert, forest/field, or snow, and it would then swap out the character-, building- and vehicle materials

That would be awesome. Or imagine having a dropdown selection in the world info where you can choose themese like Desert, forest/field, or snow, and it would then swap out the character-, building- and vehicle materials

Would be cool, but much, much work...

Yeah it was down for a couple of minutes, there's a new download link now, there was still a reference somewhere to a package that I didn't use anymore and did not include. It could be played in Skirmish but not uploaded to server, should be fixed now.

Hi,

This is a remake of one of the many custom/fan made maps from original Renegade, C&C-Snow, I remember playing a custom map server about 8 years ago and I particularly liked this one, that's why I decided to make a remake. I'm also very curious how it plays in Renegade-X. Keep in mind that there's only 1 silo per team so credit gain will be really slow, I hope there'll be a way to increase the silo credit amount on the mapping side in the future. But I do think that the fact that it's a very small and close quarters map will compensate for the slow credit gain.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy0nmf6ffbktbds/CNC-Snow%20v1.0.1.zip?dl=0

Some final pictures:

Overview:

FMcKxPG.jpg

Nod:

PpE8zmp.jpg

GDI:

z8TyjdV.jpg

Imgur album with more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/GJsse

Backstory:

"During operation Scorpion Hunters, GDI found intel on another secret Nod base, located in the Caucasus mountains, it is believed to be the hideout of one of the highest ranking Nod Officers.

A small force has been dispatched in the area to set up a forward operating base, in order to eliminate any Nod activity in the area."

(That Nod Officer even has a place in the map somewhere/sometime ;) )

Enjoy! :D

Looks Great, Great Job, and its great that you kept to the basics, no flying and no 2 extra silos

As much as I hate Snow (the map, not your rendition) I will probably add it to the 5004. May need it to have some kind of economic boost though.

Nice :) I too want to boost the economy, maybe there's something I've overlooked but I haven't been able to do it in Kismet..

I cant PM you Yosh, but I also have to fix some missing materials and vehicle collision on some rocks.

Nice :) I too want to boost the economy, maybe there's something I've overlooked but I haven't been able to do it in Kismet..

I cant PM you Yosh, but I also have to fix some missing materials and vehicle collision on some rocks.

make a mutator in code.. can't do that in kismet

Er.... Ruud

Mutator != Script

I know.

I have just been testing a bit, and looking at the Silo script file, and I thought to myself, I don't even need to write a mutator, because we don't need to replicate this stuff to the client. Creditgain is always determined server side, so, we can use modify property.

I've used this setup in kismet; setup my own server (to verify that it works online) and it works! no need to write a mutator.

9vuhG40.png

And we set the creditsgain in the modify property node, you can determine the amount of credits per second in the value. I've set 50 for testing purposes.

6K4EFcz.png

Thx Ruud :D:D

Credit gain rate is now set to 2 per second, can be changed in the future, we'll have to see where the "sweet spot" lies for this map.

Got Version 1.1 ready for whenever you need it Yosh.

- silo gives 2 credits per second

- fixed vehicle collision on some rocks

- added materials to 2 rocks that didn't have materials.

- removed scale model Mammoth MKII, because the material uv's didn't do what they were supposed to do (same as vehicles in back of GDI base on Mesa)

- Re-added blocking volume by the GDI containers.

- A bunch of culling

Good to hear. Will probably start seriously compiling 5004 sometime this week for next week

Check also Training Yard forum. I finished the map. Link is in my latest post

You can walk right up the rocks behind the Barracks. Just show collision and you'll be able to see the ramp (it'd be on your right if you're looking directly behind the Barracks).