- In the original Command & Conquer: Renegade plans, there were other game mods. A number of these have been implemented as modificaitons for present-day Renegade. What sort of multiplayer game modes do you folks plan to implement? Co-Op? Capture the Flag? Capture the Mobius?
- Will the entire GDI Campaign be playable with enhanced graphics, sounds, music, and gameplay? Will you still be playing as Havoc?
- Will there be a Brotherhood of Nod Campaign?
- Going back to my first question, will there be an RTS (real-time strategy)-styled Command & Conquer mode variant similar to that of Savage: The Battle for Newurth or Natural Selection? Data in the original game data indicate this was one of many scrapped game modes. (I believe this is what "C&C Mode" was supposed to have been.)
- If yes, will there be Tech Trees? (For example, I think you need a Communications Center before you can build a Helipad.)
- If no, will there be Tech Trees in standard multiplayer? (For example, if the Advanced Communications Center gets whacked, no one can buy Ion Cannon Beacons.)
- There were a number of vehicles which were unplayable in the original game (but have been placed into custom maps and modifications by users). Will this modification have all of these vehicles, such as the SSM Launcher or the Recon Bike?
- Will EXTRAS be available?
- Will the Chameleon crowd control robot (EXTRAS vehicle for Nod) be available on both sides? According to the game data, Nod swiped the unit from GDI for some reason or another. (Though ignoring the story, it was probably just a goofy Westwood extra.)
- Will Visceroids be playable under the right conditions?
- Will there be more than GDI and Nod teams? No, I don't mean "Scrin" necessarily, as this game takes place at the time of Tiberian Dawn. I'm more curious about "neutral" teams, which would be good for things like a "Survivor" game mode or the aforementioned Visceroids. (Remember now, Visceroids are just survival creatures. They have no affiliation.)
- Will "Reformed Mutants" be available for GDI?
- Will Tiberium Harvesters be drivable, automatic, or both? Will it depend on the map?
- Will players be able to replace and buy structures and base defenses in multiplayer modes?
- If "yes" to the Engineer question,
- Will Engineers/Technicians be able to sacrafice themselves to fix, or be equipped with a one-shot Super Repair for buildings?
- Will buildings have "seriously damaged" animations like in the RTS games?
- Will buildings be able to be destroyed entirely instead of just "ruined"?
- Will the vehicle limit be raised from 8 vehicles per side?
- Will "Laser Orcas" be available under the right conditions? (See Command & Conquer for the PS-X.)
- Will base defenses be useable either through a remote console (Tribes 2) or through jumping in first-hand? (Renegade, many other games...) "Base defenses" include tank turrets, ceiling guns, Guard Towers, the Obelisk of Light (mwa ha ha ha!!), and the Advanced Guard Tower (with up to five different positions, given it has four ceiling guns and a Surface-to-Target missile system. Again, I'm thinking like with Tribes 2 with all this.)
Of courseI have a question related to one of these: When I think of destroyed buildings in Renegade, I don't think of total rubble, I was thinking more along the lines of having parts of the building collapse, for example the hand on the HoN could crumble, the sphere come crashing to the ground, and maybe a corner crumbling off. In other words, not total destruction, just enough to let you know it's dead, but leave the inside areas free to roam.
Do you think you'll do something like that? [/b]
On a side note, from what I know about Unreal Scripting and mapping, disabling spawn points and purchase terminals when a building was destroyed would in fact be very easy. Though I totally agree with your reasons for not deleting them, I just wanted to throw that out there[/b]
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest