- Never ever save over anything other then your map or you will have to reinstall RenegadeX or even UT3.
- If the Editor crashes you can go back to an annoying but "Thank God" auto save located in "C:\Users\<Username>\Desktop\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Autosaves".
- Space bar switches between Move, Rotate, Uniform Scale and Nonuniform Scale.
- Use the Ctrl key to sellect more than 1 actor (mesh, light, emitter or volume).
- Duplicate anything you have selected by holding Alt and movieing it.
- When adding volumes, move the brush to see the volume.
RenegadeX 0.55 Editor Fix
the editor will not load the renegade assets, in ordoe to make the editor load the assets all you need to do is replace the DefaultEditor.ini and DefaultEngine.ini with the ones from [color="teal"]HERE[/color] and delete UTEditor.ini and UTEngine.ini the editor will now load the RenX assets
"[color="red"]Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Renegade\Config[/color]"
1.Basic Navergation and Terrian
2.placing,scaling and duplucating Static Mesh's and Prefabs (RenX Buildings)
3.Tib Nodes and paths for Harvesters
4.Builder brush and Volumes (Tiberian Damage, foliage and ladder)
5.ky-Domes, Changing Materials, Placing Emitters and Hight-Fog
6.Post Prossesing Volumes and lighting strategy
I am not an expert on the UT3 Editor and all that you see in these tutorials is what i have picked up from other tutorials and trial & error.
All mothods shown are just my ways of making maps, i am sure there are lots more ways in witch to get the same or better looking maps.
UT3 Editor Tutorials can be directly used in the UDK with some minor changes (all fairly obvious changes).
RengadeX assets are not yet relesed for the UDK.
Hope this helps